Cure Acne Quickly, Easily, and Naturally
June is National Acne Awareness Month, and it happens to coincide with the start of summer travel season. Traveling is hard on everyone’s skin, but airplanes and climate differences can be particularly challenging for those who struggle with breakouts. Acne is the most common skin condition and affects up to 50 million Americans every year!
We always like to start by educating our acne clients – using the right products, and more importantly, avoiding the wrong ones, are critical tools in our arsenal. We have a variety of methods to help educate our clients on proper care of sensitive, acne-prone skin.
We always start with an acne consultation where we learn what has worked and what hasn’t, in order to develop a customized acne treatment regimen that includes recommendations on the clinical products and treatments that are best for YOUR unique skin.
Of course, Jennifer Swink has also written a comprehensive resource with advice how to permanently clear your acne. Getting Clear: Everything You Need To Know To Cure Acne Quickly, Easily, and Naturally condenses decades of Jennifer’s experience treating acne into a single amazing book!
Top 19 Tips To Clear Your Acne
Download and print for easy reference: Top 19 Tips To Eliminate Acne
- No products with artificial fragrances, dyes, sulfates, phthalates or parabens.
- No oil cleansing. It is just too risky, skip it.
- No to face wipes and makeup removers. Makeup removers should only be needed to take off waterproof mascara. No waterproof mascara.
- Don’t overwash your skin! Wash no more than two times per day on average and never go to bed without washing your makeup off.
- No picking pimples.
- No picking dry skin or flakes.
- No electronic scrub brushes, as they stimulate oil production and drive already stripping/dehydrating acne products further into the follicles causing increased inflammation.
- Don’t use too many stripping ingredients and products. Use only one or two stripping products in your home routine (at most), depending on all the previously mentioned variables.
- Don’t use too many layers of products on the face. Less is more no matter how good the quality of products
- Don’t overmoisturize!
- No primers. No heavy foundations.
- No chemical sunscreens and be discerning of physical sunscreens. Last month, we discussed how sunscreens contribute to acne and since we published that article, the Journal of the American Medical Association published the results of its study on the absorption of sunscreen, and the FDA launched an investigation into the safety of sunscreens.
- No waxing or shaving the face (if you’re a woman). If you are a man, do not shave if you do not have to. If you can, choose an electric razor over a double-edged razor. If you have to use a razor, use a single blade.
- No dermaplaning. It irritates acne prone skin and can cause breakouts
- No department store advice and self-prescribing. Do not rely on your local department store, your best friend, the internet, a magazine or television for your skincare advice.
- No spa facials. They usually cause breakouts. Only get clinical facials that are specifically customized for your acne-prone skin.
- No cortisone injections for cystic acne. The potential for scarring is devastating and usually doesn’t show up until a year or so later. Avoid it if you can.
- Do not get microneedling if you have active acne. Microneedling causes too much inflammation and trauma to your skin, increasing risk for breakouts. You must wait to be acne-free. No homerollers/home microneedling, as you can tear your skin easily.
- No laser treatments if you have active acne. Light therapy is ok, but no laser resurfacing or fraxel! They cause too much inflammation and trauma. The potential for hyperpigmentation and more break-outs is way too high. Darker skin tones should never have laser therapy.
June 2019 Microneedling Specials
Microneedling is a fast, safe and cost effective alternative to laser resurfacing for overall skin rejuvenation!
Microneedling is perfect for the treatment of acne scarring, wrinkles, stretch marks and pore reduction. Microneedling can effectively treat hard-to-reach areas like around the eyes and nose. It is gentle enough that it can be used for all skin types and colors. Microneedling is appropriate for acne scarring, but not for those with active acne as the microneedling process can spread acne bacteria and make active acne worse.
$1299 Package Promotion Includes:
- 5 Microneedling sessions
- Choose either 5 Chemical Peels or 5 Microdermabrasions
- 5 Oxygenation Therapy Treatments
- Rhonda Allison Growth Factor Gel (Full Size)
- Rhonda Allison Therapy E Serum (Full Size)
Single Session Microneedling For $249 (regularly $299)
Every single session microneedling appointment includes Microdermabrasion or Dermaplaning! Through June 30th, save $50 off every Microneedling appointment.
10% Off Rhonda Allison and Skinceuticals Acne Products
Traveling can be a pain when you need lots of tiny little product bottles – but not anymore! Through June 30th, enjoy 10% off these Rhonda Allison and Skinceuticals products to help keep your skin clear during your summer vacation.
- Rhonda Allison Fruit Acid Botanical Lotion
- Rhonda Allison Citrus Gel Cleanser
- Rhonda Allison Beta Green Tea Cleanser
- Rhonda Allison Foaming Peptide Cleanser
- Rhonda Allison Brightening Pigment Lotion
- Rhonda Allison Skin Brightening Gel
- Rhonda Allison Growth Factor Gel
- Rhonda Allison Exotica Rhodiola
- Rhonda Allison Salicylic Serum
- Rhonda Allison Therapy E Serum
- Skinceuticals Retinol
- Skinceuticals Daily Moisture
- Skinceuticals Hydrating B5 Gel