January Detox 2020 Tips & Special
Happy 2020! The start of a new year is always an exciting time to me. Out with the old, in with the new! Resolutions, a shift in a way of thinking, a new mantra? Whatever it is for you, let’s make it a great year!
To help facilitate your January detoxification, Celebrity Skin is offering a $99 New Year Detox Facial!
- Microdermabrasion or Dermaplaning to remove dead skin cells (Out with the old, in with the new!)
- Customized Enzyme Mask to balance, detoxify and refine pores, steam, and extractions (if needed)
- Honey Paprika Mask to rehydrate the skin while providing a variety of vitamins and amino acids to sooth and hydrate dry winter skin.
- NO DOWNTIME and NO PAIN
Do you want to have beautiful, healthy, glowing skin?
Here’s the truth….. First, you have to accept there is a no magic pill. Second, it takes making the appointment ahead of time so it actually happens. If you want beautiful healthy skin, it takes a little dedication like getting in for regular treatments as best as possible, using the right products, and most importantly a healthy diet and lifestyle.
It doesn’t matter if you have acne, hyperpigmentation or wrinkles, eliminating toxins improves all skin issues and helps us age slower! Who doesn’t want that?
Beautiful skin comes mostly from the inside. (Genetics is only a small part of the puzzle…bummer!) So, HOW do we do this? ELIMINATE TOXINS!
New Year’s Detox Plan
Eliminating toxins is the first step in detoxifying your body and creating healthy beautiful skin. Exposure to toxins is everywhere – in the air, water, soil, food and consumer products. Environmental toxins are both man-made and naturally occurring chemicals that are harmful to your health.
Strip your home and life of toxins wherever possible. Toxins get into your home and into your body, often under the assumption products are safe. Toxins occur in non-organic foods, non-filtered water, microwaving, cleaning products, chlorine bleach, antibacterial soap, beauty products, paint, building supplies, chemicals, carpet, candles, dry cleaning and home air fresheners, to name a few.
Why Should I Care About Toxins?
We are slowly being poisoned and most of us are oblivious or think it’s no big deal. Not only do we have to worry about outside toxins, even our own bodies excrete harmful endotoxins due to bad bacteria in our system that can disrupt healthy skin.
While some toxic products and byproducts create immediate reactions, others are seemingly harmless. But, ongoing exposure to these poisons over time creates a toxic burden on our bodies. Instead of the body eliminating toxins naturally, they can get stored in our fat cells and tissues in an attempt to protect our vital organs from damage. There comes a tipping point where an array of negative side effects triggers a domino effect that can manifest into serious health problems and skin issues.
There are five main organs involved in the detoxification or elimination process, including the lungs, liver, kidneys, intestines and skin. If our bodies are to survive this environment, these organs must work together seamlessly.
Negative Health Effects Caused By Environmental Toxins
The skin is the largest organ in our body that protects us from the outside world. It is also an eliminatory organ with sweat glands to flush out toxins and excess minerals from the body. When any one the organs involved in detoxification aren’t working properly, it can cause an excess build-up of toxins in the body showing up in the form of itching, dry/oily skin, hyperpigmentation, fine lines/wrinkles, acne, eczema or other skin rashes, including rosacea and psoriasis.
Symptoms That Indicates You May Need Detoxification
Symptoms that indicate you may need detoxification include:
- Skin rashes
- Acne (especially hormonal)
- Digestion problems (bloating, constipation, diarrhea)
- Bad breath
- Hormonal imbalance
- Irregular period cycles
- Brain fog
- Weight gain or inability to lose weight
- Chronic muscle or joint pain
- Inflammatory conditions/diseases
13 DETOXIFICATION STRATEGIES FOR 2020
Detoxification can be accomplished safely and easily by eating organic nutrient-dense foods and reducing your exposure to toxins. Below is a list of additional detoxification strategies you may want to incorporate in the new year ahead:
- Eat organic nutrient-dense foods. Avoid animal products raised with antibiotics/hormones.
- Reduce and eliminate exposure to toxins.
- Take specific supplements to aide in detoxification.
- Intermittent Fasting.
- Reduce potential allergens/allergy-causing food groups.
- Reduce candida overgrowth in the body.
- Reduce or eliminate prescriptions and OTC medications.
- Replace household cleaning products, toiletries and cosmetics with non-toxic alternatives.
- Increase exercise.
- Start dry body brushing.
- Take Epsom salt baths.
- Begin colonics and coffee enemas.
- Use FAR infrared sauna therapy.