We are excited for Scalp Micropigmentation to be April’s featured service at Celebrity Skin!
Scalp Micropigmentation is a cosmetic procedure available for both men and women suffering from any type of hair loss or thinning. It is also referred to as a medical hairline tattoo, where natural pigments are applied as tiny little dots on the scalp to replicate the appearance of real hair follicles.
Celebrity Skin is proud to offer Scalp Aesthetics, a state-of-the-art method and technology for scalp micropigmentation procedures.
What causes hair loss?
Fifty percent of all men over the age of 50 will be affected by androgenic alopecia (male pattern baldness) to some degree. The cause can be genetic or not. Male sex hormones, called androgens, regulate hair growth and are associated with baldness. Over time, androgens weaken the hair’s growth cycles, shrinks the hair follicle (producing shorter and finer stands of hair) until no new hair grows in its place. This can create a receding hairline to total baldness.
It is not only men who experience hair loss either! Forty percent of women have visible hair loss by the time they are age 40, according to the American Academy of Dermatology. Aging, hormonal changes, medical conditions seems to be contributing to the increase in women’s hair thinning.
Poor diet and nutritional deficiencies (these are the big ones!), autoimmune disorders, stress, infections, allergies, food sensitivities, medications, and environmental toxins are all implicated in hair loss and thinning in both men and women.
Who can get scalp micropigmentation?
Do you suffer from hair loss, hair thinning, partial balding, full balding, scalp scars, diffuse hair loss, crown loss, alopecia, or receding hairline? If the answer is yes, you are a candidate for scalp micropigmentation.
- Both men and women are great candidates for scalp micropigmentation!
- All skin tones (from light pale to very dark and everything in between)
- Anyone, any age
- People suffering from all types of hair loss or thinning – alopecia, diffuse hair loss, crown loss, receding hairline.
- All stages of hair loss – mild thinning, extreme thinning, partial bald to fully bald heads
- Conceal any type of scar or head trauma – accident, operation, prior hair transplants, burns Do you have thin, sparse, or missing brows?
- Would you like to create more definition or fullness?
- Would you like to fill in missing arches or tails?
- Do you need to reconstruct your brows or fill in gaps?
Before and After – Scalp Micropigmentation Gallery
Book your complimentary scalp micropigmentation consultation
If you’re interested in see if Scalp Micropigmentation is right for you, please book your complimentary consultation appointment with Mary!
Schedule your complimentary consultation with Mary or call 602-413-4611 with any questions.
April 2019 Product Special!
Get your skin prepped for summer and target discoloration and signs of aging with Skinceuticals Glycolic 10 Renew Overnight!
Through April 30th, just $80 (10% off retail) PLUS FREE travel size while supplies last! Travel size great for summer vacation packing.
Glycolic 10 Renew Overnight is a potent night cream blended with 2% phytic acid to promote skin clarity and brightness. Tolerable for nightly use, Glycolic 10 Renew Overnight improves the appearance of skin texture and tone to promote a bright complexion and glowing skin!
- 10% glycolic acid to promote cellular turnover
- 36% average improvement in glowing skin
- Dye and fragrance-free
- Tested tolerable for nightly use
- Ideal complement to chemical peels to pre-condition skin and extend results; always consult with a physician for individual regimen recommendations