What is Microblading?
Microblading is a semi-permanent tattoo technique that shapes and fills in brows with finite lines that look like hair strokes. Microblading is perfect for those who want to define, reconstruct, fill in gaps, add arches or tails back on their brows. Unlike the Sharpie-esque permanent makeup look that fills in brows solid with ink, microblading leaves brows looking natural. Microblading utilizes a handheld tool made out of slanted needles that deposit pigment into the skin.
What is the process for Microblading?
Microblading is a meticulous process. For starters, most facial features are not symmetrical. Brows, eyes and facial muscles may be uneven and require special attention and detail to create the illusion the brows are even. Eyebrows are sisters not twins! There is the task of getting the brow design exactly to your liking. This can take up to an hour just drawing in the shape with an erasable pencil. Next, choosing the pigment/ink color that suits your skin tone and hair color is critical. The last step is the tedious task of microblading individual hair strokes one by one.
What can I expect before and after my Microblading treatment?
- On average, microblading takes two hours
- Numbing cream is applied to minimize discomfort
- No downtime; however, downtime is a subjective term
- Brows will appear darker during the healing process (think Groucho Marx!)
- The healing process takes a couple weeks, depending on the person
- After a month, a touch-up is recommended to ensure perfect brows
- Our touch-ups are included in the price
- Microblading is semi-permanent and lasts one to three years