What is Scalp Micropigmentation (SMP)?
Scalp Micropigmentation is a cosmetic procedure for both men and women looking to conceal any type of hair loss or thinning. It is also referred to as a medical hairline tattoo. Natural pigments are applied as tiny little dots on the scalp to replicate the appearance of real hair follicles. Celebrity Skin offers Scalp Aesthetics which is a state-of-the-art method and technology for micropigmentation procedures.
Scalp Micropigmentation Before and After
Who are candidates for SMP?
Men and women who suffer from hair loss, hair thinning, partial balding, full balding, scalp scars, diffuse hair loss, crown loss, alopecia, or receding hairline are candidates.
- Both men and women
- All skin tones
- Anyone, any age
- All types of hair loss – alopecia, diffuse hair loss, crown loss, receding hairlines
- Any stage of hair loss – partial bald to fully bald heads
What can Scalp Micropigmentation do?
- Give the look of fuller, denser hair non-surgically
- Simulate and restore hairlines – full-front, side or rear on part bald or fully bald heads
- Camouflage alopecia, receding hairlines, crown balding, diffused hair loss, complete or near complete hair loss
- Camouflage and hide scars from previous hair transplant surgery, scarring, burns and birthmarks
- Enhance the visual effect of all types of hair transplants
What is the process for SMP?
The process normally takes place over 2 to 3 sessions, each taking approximately 2 to 3 hours with a few days to a week in between sessions.
Some procedures take more or less time depending on the level of hair loss. It may take much more time if someone is completely bald vs. filling in the crown area or covering a scar. It is a gradual and subtle process that does not require missing work or “hiding out” during or in between sessions. There is no downtime associated with SMP.
Why choose Scalp Aesthetics and Celebrity Skin?
At Celebrity Skin, we are certified in Scalp Aesthetics method to perform scalp micropigmentation. Why is Scalp Aesthetics superior to other methods?
- Scalp Aesthetics uses the world’s only 5mm depth delivery system scalp micropigmentation machine. The size and depth of the needle is very specific and is unique to other forms of permanent makeup/tattooing and/or other SMP techniques.
Why does the needle depth matter?
- Deeper penetration means more ink is being deposited, less fading and fewer sessions. We use special needles that are 75% smaller than the standard competitors, creating more realistic results.
Will my scalp tattoo from Celebrity Skin fade over time like a normal tattoo?
- Celebrity Skin uses 100% organic inks with no color additives. While pigments can and do fade over time, our pigments will not break down and separate into blue or green like many other inks do.
Why is one needle superior to the “three needle” technique?
Many tattoo and permanent makeup artists are starting to offer scalp micropigmentation without proper training in this unique technique. AVOID considering tattoo artists and permanent makeup specialists who use standard instruments, needles, and pigments.
Our technique uses only one needle, one follicle at a time to replicate the hair’s natural growth pattern. If you do your homework, and you should, you will find there are other techniques that use three needles simultaneously which produce an unrealistic pattern on the scalp instead of the natural pattern of your hair follicles.
The three-needle-technique is touted as the latest technology, but was likely developed because SMP is a long tedious process and three needles at a time cuts the labor in half and increases profit. If you want your hair to have the most natural and authentic look, the one needle at a time technique is the best “tried and true” technology out there.
What is the cost?
The cost of depends on what you need, how many hours and how many sessions are required to complete the process. The “average” client can expect to pay around $3,000.00 from start to finish. Special requirements like alopecia may cost more. Camouflaging a scar or less advanced hair loss may cost less. Celebrity Skin also offers Microblading, cosmetic tattooing for eyebrows.
BOOK YOUR COMPLIMENTARY CONSULTATION
Book your complimentary consultation online today or call 602-413-4611 with any questions.