Micro-Needling or Collagen Induction Therapy (CIT)
Micro-Needling is also called Collagen Induction Therapy or CIT for short. This electric pen is a collagen remodeling and skin rejuvenation treatment that uses a fractional delivery of needles making micro injuries to the epidermis. These injuries cause a cascade of events stimulating the regrowth of your skin. This form of Collagen Induction is much safer and more effective than traditional skin needling. It has several safety features preventing tearing of the skin, that traditional rollers can cause. Eclipse MicroPen is the most advanced medical-grade automated micro-needling device on the market.
Benefits of Micro-Needling (CIT)
- Fast, safe, and cost-effective alternative to laser resurfacing for the treatment of scarring, wrinkles, acne scarring, stretch marks, hyperpigmentation, and pore reduction for large, visible pores.
- It is less painful and is less downtime – if any at all (as compared to traditional skin needling)
- Disposable needles/no cross- contamination
- Effectively treats hard-to-reach areas like around the eyes and nose
- It is gentle enough that it can be used for all skin types and colors
- Overall Skin Rejuvenation
- Is less invasive than lasers
- Can be customized with other treatment modalities like Microdermabrasion and Dermaplaning. Customized formula of vitamins, antioxidants and growth factors will be infused into the dermis to enhance the brightening, lightening and tightening effects of Micro-needling.
FAQ about Micro-Needling (CIT)
How many treatments will I need?
For best results it is recommended to have a series of treatments, ideally spaced four weeks apart. For people with deep wrinkles, advanced photo aging, stretch marks or acne scars it is recommended to receive 6-8 sessions.
What do CIT treatments include?
Each CIT Treatment includes Microdermabrasion and Vitamin/Phyto-Nutrient Infusion to maximize healing.
What areas of the body can be treated with Micro-Needling?
Micro-Needling can be used to treat your face, neck, chest, arms, legs and other areas of the body.
Does Micro-Needling hurt?
The treatment is relatively painless but numbing cream is provided and recommended on more sensitive areas like eyes and upper lip. We ask that you show up 45 minutes prior to your appointment time to fill out consents and apply numbing cream for your convenience.
Contraindications and precautions include:
- Active acne, rosacea, psoriasis, eczema or herpes infection
- Sunburns, or recent invasive facial treatments/procedures
- Keloid or raised scars, warts or moles in a treatment area
- HIV/AIDS, Diabetes, Scleroderma, blood clotting problems
- Recent facial fillers (past months)
What precautions should be taken prior to a CIT treatment:
- It is best to avoid CIT if you are having an active acne or herpes breakout
- Avoid the use of Retin-A type products the evening prior to treatment
- Stop use of Aspirin / Ibuprofen to avoid bleeding/bruising
What can I expect AFTER my treatment?
Immediately following CIT, the treatment area may be slightly swollen and feel warm and tight. It will look as though you have a moderate to severe sunburn. This intensity will subside after a couple of hours and “most” people will recover within the same day or within 24 hours. Avoid the sun, exercise and makeup until the following day. Post-treatment instructions will be provided.
When will I see results?
People notice an immediate “glow” to their skin. Visible changes to the skin develop over the course of several days and weeks. Results continue to improve up to six months after treatment as collagen production continues.