1. The Celebrity Skin Medium Depth Peel is safe, effective, and superior mid-depth peel blend that is customizable, performed by an highly trained professional that includes all after care products and instructions to protect, promote and prolong your peel results!
2. The Celebrity Signature Medium Depth Peel includes a powerhouse blend in specific percentages of Salicylic Acid, Tricholoracetic Acid (TCA), Retinoic Acid & Kojic Acid as well as ascorbic acid (Vitamin C) and the king of all antioxidants, glutathione. Alone these ingredients are powerful, but the combination produces amazing results.
- Salicylic Acid – An anti-inflammatory acid that dissolves and unplugs dead surface cells to allow for better penetration of all other acids and ingredients.
- Tricholoracetic Acid (TCA) & Retinoic Acid – stimulate cellular renewal increasing collagen production, reducing the appearance of fine lines, wrinkles, scarring and pigmentation issues.
- Kojic Acid– Lightening agent and increases both collagen and elastin production.
- L-Ascorbic Acid – The most potent form of Vitamin C brightens skin, stimulates collagen production, strengthens capillary walls, and protects from UV damage.
- Glutathione – Lightening effect on skin helping to prevent and diminish hyperpigmentation, melasma and those dreaded “age spots”. Glutathione helps to maintain and stimulate collagen improving fines lines resulting in firmer skin.
3. The Celebrity Skin Medium Depth Peel has several formulations to allow us to customize your peel to your specific needs and safety.
Due to controversy over its possible side effects and toxicity, The Celebrity Skin Medium Depth Peel has replaced your standard go to lightening drug Hydroquinone with the lightening anti-oxidant Glutathione. Both have great lightening capacity and are a great addition to any Mid Depth Peel worth its weight, but Glutathione is a powerful antioxidant that has no known toxicity or side effects topically.
Due to controversy over its possible side effects and toxicity, The Celebrity Skin Medium Depth Peel comes with or without Phenol. This peel is formulated to come with or without phenol. This allows individuals who are concerned about possible irritation, allergies and/or toxicity to have an effective peel without phenol. In my opinion, phenol is not necessary to produce results, but I also understand wanting the experience to be more comfortable.
Why would I even want phenol in my peel? Phenol is a chemical peeling agent and in low doses, it is used as a topical numbing agent to reduce or eliminate the stinging/burning sensation during the application. This is why the VI Peel gained so much popularity because it does not sting/burn. However, the European Union and Canada banned the use of phenol in cosmetic products due to safety concerns. The Celebrity Skin Medium Depth Peel with phenol has less phenol than your standard VI Peel; it is just enough to take the stinging edge off.
4. The Celebrity Skin Medium Depth Peel comes complete with after care products and simple yet detailed instructions to ensure you get great results and eliminate potential side effects. No complicated instructions or nightly peel pads either. I cannot stress enough the importance of strictly following after care instructions. Anyone can experience side effects but taking or avoiding specific actions can reduce unwanted side effects and increase results.
******All chemical peels come with some sort of risk. The stronger the peel, the more risk. The darker the skin, the more risk. The lack of appropriate aftercare instructions and products, the more risk. The lack of compliance with aftercare, the more risk. The lack of chemical peel training and experience, the more risk. How a peel is formulated or lack of quality ingredients and formulation, the more risk. The lack of good health, the more risk. The lack of patience, the more risk. All of these factors contribute to successful results.
5. The Celebrity Skin Medium Depth Peel is performed by a highly trained professional.
Jennifer Swink, MAPC has attended multiple chemical peel trainings and certifications including medium depth peels, medical peels and peels for Skin of Color.
Some of these trainings include Obagi, Skin Ceuticals, Skin Medica, Melanage, PCA, Jan Marini, Rhonda Allison, Perfect Peel and the Vi Peel, to name a few. First trained and certified in 2000 in Medical Aesthetics and Ethnic Skin tones (eventually became an instructor for the institute) from the iconic Pamela Springer, founder of The Skin & Makeup Institute of Arizona. This specific program trained all types of chemical peels (from superficial to deep) and types of acids (TCA, Jessner, Salicylic, Glycolic), for all types of conditions (acne, scarring, melasma, hyperpigmentation, sun damage, fine lines, wrinkles, rough texture, oily, dry, sensitive, rosacea), for all ages and genders (including individuals transitioning from one gender to another) as well as how to use these peels with darker skin tones. Mrs. Springer, a woman of color and mixed ancestry, was a pioneer and the only educational resource for aestheticians in the treatment of Skins of Color at that time.